BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Jagadishkatam
Amethyst | Level 16

Dear Experts,

I have a situation where I need to know the convergence status before passing the data into the model. Is there a way to achieve it. I meant now we know if we use the ConvergenceStatus, in the statistical procedures we know if the convergence is met or not. But if the convergence is not met the procedure fails and sometimes we get the ERROR: The mean parameter is either invalid or at a limit of its range for some observations which also results in the model run failure. So if I know the convergence status before I can control whether I should run the model for it or not so the code runs smoothly. I know

I know that unless we pass the data into model we do not know the convergence status, but is there a way we pass the data into model and we don't get any warning or error and get only the convergence status. so that based on the convergence status we pass the data again into the model in a separate procedure conditionally excluding the groups which did not meet the convergence.

I am working on proc genmod.

Thanks,
Jag
1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I've written about several ways to monitor convergence in SAS procedures, including the OUTEST= option and the ConvergenceStatus table. Hopefully, you can use one of those techniques.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation