BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Abiel
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, im currently trying to finish my dissertation but at last minute found out that I can't use my university software to run interrupted time series analysis. Im looking at the effects of the London 2012 olympics on house prices. I have 6 years for pre and 6 years for post. My dependent variable is HPI and independent variables are population size, employment level, GDP and GDHI per head. I the same data for my control group which is the city of greater manchester. I don't know what to do and I only have a few days left to submit. I really need help in running the analysis. I struggled to understand how to actually test autocorrelation and these other things. Please I need help!!!

I have attached the excel sheet with my data that im using if that will help more.

6 REPLIES 6
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

A few days is not going to be enough.  Be proactive and contact your dissertation committee and tell them what is going on.

It appears that you have panel data, so if you have access to the ETS software in SAS, you could look at PROC PANEL.  If you have access only to BASE SAS and SAS/STAT, I don't think you will be able to write all the code necessary to do an interrupted TS analysis in time.  You may need to consider other analysis platforms (R, Julia, etc.) but finding the correct package, and some good examples, will be the difficult part.

SteveDenham

jiltao
SAS Super FREQ

You might use PROC MIXED for this. This paper has some information and examples:

https://www.sas.com/content/dam/SAS/support/en/sas-global-forum-proceedings/2020/4674-2020.pdf

--Jill

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Pretty cool, @jiltao .  i love learning stuff on Monday mornings.

SteveDenham

LeslieLandry
Calcite | Level 5
Hi there! It sounds like you're in a difficult spot, and I'm sorry to hear that. It's great that you have the data and are already familiar with the variables you'll be using, so you can focus on the analysis. Have you considered using a different software to do the time series analysis? There are several programs available online that could be helpful. Have you tried searching for tutorials or video guides? That might be an excellent place to start. Additionally, I think a writing service (https://www.reddit.com/r/collegehub/comments/wfcbn9/best_essay_writing_service_reddit_20222024/) might come in handy in your situation. Good luck with your dissertation, and I hope you can figure out a solution soon!
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@Rick_SAS is that something you could help with? 

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Not directly, no.

I encourage the OP to work with their dissertation advisor, faculty, and university resources to plan an effective analysis. The advisor should be able to suggest methods and software that are appropriate to the research plan. 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 6 in conversation