BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
edasdfasdfasdfa
Quartz | Level 8

cali.jpgHey guys,

I have attached an image of my calibration plot. 

My interpretation: When probability is about 0.6 and greater, predicted probabilities are close to or on target as it relates to the actual outcome, but below that probability they tend to be inaccurate in terms of predicting event?

3 REPLIES 3
PGStats
Opal | Level 21

You should be asking WPS related questions to the WPS community.

PG
Ksharp
Super User

Calling @Rick_SAS   . Rick have written several blogs about it .

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

That looks like a decile calibration plot. You can read about the decile calibration plot and why many researchers do not recommend their use.

I've written other articles about the loess-smoothed calibration plot:

- How to create if you are running SAS/STAT prior to 15.1

- How to create a calibration plot directly in PROC LOGISTIC in SAS?STAT 15.1 or later.

The first two links include a discussion of how to interpret the plots and references to the literature.

Regarding your interpretation: yes, your interpretation seems correct. For low values of the predicted probabilities, the model seems inaccurate. I'd add that the very high predicted probabilities seem to have some issues as well.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 4 in conversation