BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
natasha_nf
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello,

I want to check if there is an interaction between sex and quartiles of soda consumption in the case of a binary outcome.

How should I proceed?

exposure: quartiles of soda consumption

outcome: presence or absence of depression

covariate sexe: female, male

Thank you in advance!

5 REPLIES 5
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Fit a logistic regression model including the interaction. These statements will include a test for the interaction (sex*consumption). It assumes that your response variable is a character variable ("present" or "absent"), that the event of interest is presence of depression, and that you want to treat consumption as a continuous effect in the model. 

proc logistic;
class sex / param=glm;
model outcome(event="present") = sex consumption sex*consumption;
run;
natasha_nf
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you very much!

In the case of a multinomial outcome, i.e.: different mental disorders, would the procedure be the same?

Ksharp
Super User

Logistic Regression ?

proc logistic data=have;

class sex;

model outcome=SEX QUARTILES SEX*QUARTILES;

run;

natasha_nf
Fluorite | Level 6

Thank you very much!

In the case of a multinomial outcome i.e.: different mental disorders, would the procedure be the same?

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

Yes, but if the response is nominal (unordered), you need to add the LINK=GLOGIT option in the MODEL statement. If it is ordinal (ordered), no change is needed.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 6 likes
  • 3 in conversation