BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
jrocampoiii
Calcite | Level 5

Multiple predictive factors. I don't know how to conclude this problem in my data or infer it. 

Screenshot 2023-06-07 164604.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

You have either

1. Zero degrees of freedom for error (so you have six variables in the model and only 7 data points)
  2. Fit the model so that it fits exactly, leaving an estimate of 0 for each residual

Both indicate you have overfit the model, and you ought to consider removing a variable(s) from the model.

--
Paige Miller
jrocampoiii
Calcite | Level 5
This is my 5th backward stepwise selection. Is it possible to not add anymore variables and keep the variables that entered in my model?
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@jrocampoiii wrote:
This is my 5th backward stepwise selection. Is it possible to not add anymore variables and keep the variables that entered in my model?

I don't understand the question. It would also help if you told us how many data points you have.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation