BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
iForecast
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm using proc x12's automdl function, and the procedure produces a Spectral Plot of Table G 0 for (the logarithm of) the original variable.  The plot is similar to the example plot in p. 2788 of SAS/ETS 13.2 X12 User Guide that is reproduced below.  The Guide doesn't explain how to read the plot below.  So would you explain what the vertical axis "Percent of Range" stand for?  My input data is monthly, not seasonally adjusted.  So should I interpret the horizontal axis readings below as the numbers of seasonal and trading-day cycles per month?  That is, there is a 1-month cycle in the example sales data because the frequency of 1 represents 100% of Range?  How should I interpret the trading-day cycles?  In addition, are these cycles taken into account in forecasting the original series?  Thank you.

iForecast_0-1672179339376.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation