BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
LiHZ
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everyone, Please bear with me.

I'm confused to finish this model alone.

There is a discrete independent variable and a binary dependent variable (percentage).

I can use proc glimmix to generate the figure below. But how can i generate a regression curve by  Legendre polynomials like in the second figure?J6JKF38A]6GX5GC%V@(1NX8.png~(WJ24Y27JXLVJWKGMOY@VB.png

3 REPLIES 3
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

I think you can fit a spline if you just want to know about the overall "trend".

If you want Legendre (orthogonal) polynomials, they are in SAS/IML ORPOL Function.

Good luck,

Koen

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

See this note that (in addition to estimating odds ratios) shows fitting a quadratic or spline model and producing a plot.

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you fit a curve, then you are assuming that the independent variable (group) is continuous. But you said it is discrete. So which is it?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 4 in conversation