BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
CCJ
Calcite | Level 5 CCJ
Calcite | Level 5

Hello~

I want to explore the change in cognitive decline associated with air pollution exposure. I have two measurements of cognitive score (continuous variable) and multiple measurements of PM (continuous variable). My SAS code is as following:

proc glimmix empirical ;
class id;
model cognitive_score=PM year_air PM*year_air / dist=normal link=identity solution;
random intercept / subject=id;
run;

The individual effect of PM and year_air on cognitive change is significantly negative, but the effect of interaction term on cognitive change is significantly negative.

How I explain the interaction term? Should I plot the related plot to explain?

In addition, I found the intercept and the estimate of PM are too strange and too large when I put the variable of time (year_air) in the model. Why is it?

Did anyone can help me? Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

How I explain the interaction term? Should I plot the related plot to explain?

Yes, plot it.

I found the intercept and the estimate of PM are too strange and too large when I put the variable of time (year_air) in the model. 

This can happen when you add terms into the model (or remove terms from the model) if the term added (or removed) is highly correlated with other terms in the model.

--
Paige Miller

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation