BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bhr-q
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, I used the following code to create an XS chart, as shown in the attached file. The plot currently displays the mean values, how to display the value of S_bar on the SD plot as well?

proc shewhart data=Master_pre_H_Q ;
   xschart LOS_hours*AdmitYYQ /Markers outtable=outtable  ODSTITLE="Mean-SD Chart of LOS Pre-Intvn"  
                                 nolegend  turnhlabels  nohlabel   ;
 label LOS_hours = 'Mean LOS (Hours)';
run;proc print;run;

Thanks

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

From the SAS/QC 15.2 documentation, it appears that you need to add SSYMBOL=SBAR as an option to the XSCHART statement (although SSYMBOL=SBAR is called out as the default). If  the central line is not constant, only the symbol is displayed. That sort of looks like what you currently have being printed, but your central line looks constant so that shouldn't be an issue.

Subgroups? The Turbines example in the PROC SHEWART documentation looks to me like the subgroup is equal to the full sample size (n=20). If you have multiple subgroups then maybe that is the source of why the 'value' part of the Sbar isn't getting printed.

SteveDenham

bhr-q
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for your answer. The subgroup is different, but the thing is, with different subgroup sizes, I can see the values of x_bar in the x chart and can not see the value of s_bar in the s chart even when I plot only the S-chart

proc shewhart data=Master_pre_H_Q ;
   schart LOS_hours*AdmitYYQ /Markers outtable=outtable  ODSTITLE="SD Chart of LOS"  
                                 nolegend  turnhlabels  nohlabel  SSYMBOL=SBAR;
run;

bhrq_0-1718930243913.png

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation