BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
bhr-q
Obsidian | Level 7

Hello, what is the code to create an exponential X control chart?  I believe it is different from the exponential weighted moving average EWMA, which has been created using proc macontrol.

Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I think you should call this an "EWMA Control Chart" and not "exponential X control chart".

You want to use PROC MACONTROL, and the EWMACHART statement (examples).

--
Paige Miller
bhr-q
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you for your answer; I need just an exponential chart like the one below, not an exponential-weighted moving average chart, which has a different purpose from only an exponential chart.  

Figure 7: Exponential X Control Chart

bhrq_1-1720621074061.png

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I have not heard of an "exponential X control chart" so I googled it and there were only two hits, both in documents about Excel. However, this document explains how to create such a chart: https://www.spcforexcel.com/Downloads/pdf/Control-Charts-and-NonNormal-Data.pdf

--
Paige Miller
bhr-q
Obsidian | Level 7
I have this document, and I am looking for the SAS code to create the exponential chart like this for my data in SAS.
Thanks
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

I think you will have to write your own code to replicate what is in the document. I don't find any examples of SAS code for this when I search.

--
Paige Miller

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation