BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
san
Calcite | Level 5 san
Calcite | Level 5

I am currently in the process of determining sample size for my project using effect size.

I am unsure how sample size calculation is done in SAS using PROC POWER. Can some please explain me in simple words/steps how that is done? I am confused although I have gone through the PROC POWER command using SAS support. 

Appreciate your feedback! Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

First you need to know what statistical tests you intend to perform and have a basic guess (usually based on a preliminary study) of the size of the effect you are trying to detect. Then you need to read the documentation for that particular test in PROC POWER and follow the example. The documentation for PROC POWER starts with an overview, contains two Getting Started examples, and 11 other examples of various tests.

san
Calcite | Level 5 san
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you, Rick_SAS I will look into what you suggested.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation