BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
msf2021
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi everyone,

I am learning how to use oversampling methods in SAS Miner and I am using this tutorial : https://documentation.sas.com/doc/en/emref/14.3/p0ak10c0ywr8mrn1an7tum03sp7g.htm#p1exm858amo9ren1k17...

I completly understant when to use the decisions node and what the priors are but when they explain how to fill the decision weights, i don't understand how they calculate the inverse prior:

"enter the decision weights as shown in the figure above. For level GOOD, column DECISION1, enter the inverse prior value for the original proportion (0.05) of rare events: 1.0526. For level BAD, column DECISION2, enter the inverse value prior for the original proportion (0.95) of non-events: 20.0. All other values in the matrix should be 0.0. Click OK. Now your Decisions node is configured."

Can someone help me here?

1 REPLY 1
sbxkoenk
SAS Super FREQ

Hello,

Using inverse priors in a profit matrix yields the central cutoff: cutoff = prior1.

The central cutoff maximizes the sum of SE and SP -- a good thing, and a good choice. 

SE = Sensitivity

SP = Specificity

Kind regards,

Koen

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation