BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ErikCB
Calcite | Level 5

Hello- I noted the excellent exchange of info. back in 2012 on how to obtain accurate estimates of LSMEANS and standard errors using PROC GLIMMIX when the response variable has been log-transformed. Steve- thanks for the suggestion. However, I tried this approach but found no improvement in my residuals (non-constant variance problem). In a nutshell, here is my conceptual linear model:

ln (x...a continuous resp.variable) = f (y, z)...where y is continuous and z is a 3-level class variable. So the GLIMMIX program statement with the "fix" for back-transforming the LSMEANS would be:

PROC GLIMMIX DATA=example plots=all ;
CLASS z;
MODEL x= y  z/SOLUTION LINK=LOG;
LSMEANS z/CL DIFF ILINK;
RUN;

The resulting residuals display no improvement and are essentially the same as the output from a non-transformed model without the link=log statement. I am doubtless making a stupid mistake! I would appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks.

bioepi
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I'm working with a survey dataset of skewed fasting glucose level, when logn (fgl) transformed it is normally distributed. I need to use PROC MIXED. How can I back transform the LSMEANS and its standard error for the log-transformed data?

Thanks in advance.

SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

Please read all of the above, and consider using PROC GLIMMIX instead.

Steve Denham

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 17 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 6 in conversation