BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Mathis1
Quartz | Level 8

Hello, I would like to know how the type error given by the output of Proc GLM is computed. I initially thought  it was SQRT((p(1-p)/n)) but it's obviously not. 

Thank you for your help 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you are asking about the standard error of the parameter estimate, that (and other formulas) are available in the doc section "Parameter Estimates and Associated Statistics."

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
Mathis1
Quartz | Level 8

I must precise, i was referring to standard error for each modality of a categorical variable. 

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

It is calculated as the standard error of the mean of the Y variable, at a given level of the X variable. Formulas are available in most textbooks, and probably on the internet as well.

By the way, can you fix the title on your original post, because there is no such thing as "Type Error", could you please use the words that SAS uses on the output?

--
Paige Miller
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

If you are asking about the standard error of the parameter estimate, that (and other formulas) are available in the doc section "Parameter Estimates and Associated Statistics."

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation