BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
olusam777
Calcite | Level 5

I carried out an experiment in two locations. For the two locations, the experimental set up was 95 genotypes of a plant in 3 replicates. For each replicate, I had 3 blocks in which the genotypes were randomly distributed. After taking some parameters from both locations, I want to know the performance of the plant genotypes at each location separately and the interaction effect of the plant genotypes with the locations. Can I say that my experimental design is lattice design bearing in mind that all the genotypes were not in one block and the 3 blocks in a replicate are not the same size? Secondly, how do I analyze the data in SAS?  I will like to get a SAS code to do this. Thank you.

1 REPLY 1
shiney_martin
Calcite | Level 5

I don't know enough about lattice design to tell you about that.

In terms of analysing the data, I would put the data all into one table (easiest might be to use excel to input the data and then bring that in in a proc import).

You'd probably have the following columns:

Location, Genotype, Replicate, whatever parameters/performance you've measured

Then when it comes to analysis you can group by location and/or genotype in your analysis in different ways in order to analyse interaction effect etc

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation