BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASnovic3
Calcite | Level 5

Hello!

I am trying to use the PROC CAUSALTRT statement to find the ATE on SAS version 9.4. The control group and the treatment group are quite different so there are many confounders that I am matching on.  

Below is my code. &covariates includes all categorical covariates (about 40).  "treat" is the treatment group variable; admission_morb is the outcome variable. 

The ATE is estimated at 0.008 with a VERY small confidence interval. Yet a simple logistic regression gives an OR  = 0.62 (0.42 - 0.85). I think I am doing something wrong with the PROC CAUSALTRT statement do not know what. Any ideas or anyone else gettin weird results??

proc causaltrt data=propensity_TEST1 covdiffps;
class &covariates /desc;
psmodel treat = &covid2 elx_score /plots=(PSDist pscovden(effects(elx_score)) );
model admission_morb;
run;

1 REPLY 1

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation