BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
dode
Fluorite | Level 6
I am doing linear regression when i check my outcome was not normally distributed so I transformed into log and it's worked. Now how I interpret the beta coefficient in log scal?
Is there a way to expandcit it back to interpretation would be easier ?
6 REPLIES 6
Ksharp
Super User

log(y1)-log(y2)= beta*(x+1 - x)

==>

log(y1/y2)=beta

==>

y1/y2=exp(beta)

it is odds .

PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@dode wrote:
I am doing linear regression when i check my outcome was not normally distributed so I transformed into log and it's worked. Now how I interpret the beta coefficient in log scal?
Is there a way to expandcit it back to interpretation would be easier ?

The response variable does not have to be normally distributed to use linear regression.

The residuals have to be normally distributed to use linear regression, and then the requirement to be normally distributed is used only when doing statistical testing; it is not used when fitting the model.

So it is possible you did not need to perform the log transformation at all.

--
Paige Miller
dode
Fluorite | Level 6
Yes I checked the residual and it's not normally did so I had to transform my outcome using log. Now how I interpret the beta coefficient?
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@Ksharp has already explained this.

Wikipedia has even more details.

--
Paige Miller
dode
Fluorite | Level 6
Sir, I am doing linear regression not logistic regression.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 3 in conversation