BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
iiibbb
Quartz | Level 8

I just want to do simple mease separations on survival data with a repeated measures design.  I have/had an example that walks through this exact situation somewhere in my disorganized files, and I've just about given up looking for it.  I can't remember if I did it in GENMOD or GLIMMIX.

The setup is basically multiple reps (actually blocks), multiple treatments, 2 or more periods, and proportion of survivors.

I would like to compare multiple treatments overall, and in the oldest time step.  Proportion isn't normal... its between 0 and 1.

Can anyone help me with the basic code and/or an online discussion?  Perhaps stats.oarc.ucla.edu has one of their nice pages on this kind of analysis.  It's killing me that I can't find my own examples where I've done this for myself already.

Thank you

Rep Treatment period survival

1             1             1             1

1             1             2             0.97

1             1             3             0.85

2             1             1             0.97

2             1             2             0.85

2             1             3             0.75

1             2             1             0.9

1             2             2             0.83

1             2             3             0.71

2             2             1             0.91

2             2             2             0.81

2             2             3             0.79

1 REPLY 1
Mike_N
SAS Employee

Can you give more specific details about your study? In general, survival outcomes should be modeled using a procedure that is tailored to survival data, such as PROC PHREG. However, those kinds of procedures require that you have the survival (or censoring) time for each subject studied. 

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation