BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ammarhm
Lapis Lazuli | Level 10

Hi everyone,

I have an unusual request from a paper reviewer who wanted to see 'the poisson model equation' generated by our model.

The code I used to construct the model is 

proc glimmix data=have;
class disease sex;
effect yearspline=spline(year / naturalcubic knotmethod=equal(5));
effect agespline=spline(age / naturalcubic knotmethod=equal(5));
model events=disease sex agespline yearspline / dist=poisson offset=logtime s cl link=log; 
run;

Now I dont really know how to write the regression equation based on the output generated from the code above, the output includes estimates for disease group (4 levels) as well as the year and age spline (5 levels each).

Could anyone please direct and help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

It is going to be a bit messy because of the two splines, but all of the information you need is provided in the SOLUTION section of the output.  If it isn't apparent how the regression equation, with parameter estimates follows, then post the pertinent section and we should be able to figure it out.

Is there any chance the reviewer was asking for the form of the equation, without the parameter estimates, but as a vector or long-hand equation?

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation