BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
R_mont
Calcite | Level 5

Good day, I am quite new with statistics and I have been working with a linear regression model using PORC GENMOD (with different link options, since not all my variables are normally distributed).

I am wondering which is the effect parameter that we interprete in this regression (the one from the Maximun likelihood parameter estimates table or the one with the differences of the response variable Least squares means)???

and if it should be interpreted differently?

Thank you a million!

Rebeca

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Good day, I am quite new with statistics and I have been working with a linear regression model using PORC GENMOD (with different link options, since not all my variables are normally distributed).

Link options are appropriate when the response variables is not normally distributed. It is wrong to pick link options because the predictor variables are not normally distributed.

I am wondering which is the effect parameter that we interprete in this regression (the one from the Maximun likelihood parameter estimates table or the one with the differences of the response variable Least squares means)???

The coefficient (or effect) of a variable is shown under "Estimate", as in this example: https://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmsascdc&cdcVersion=9.4_3.4&docsetId=statug&docsetTarget=statu...

--
Paige Miller

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

Link options are appropriate when the response variables is not normally distributed. It is wrong to pick link options because the predictor variables are not normally distributed.

The coefficient (or effect) of a variable is shown under "Estimate", as in this example: https://documentation.sas.com/?cdcId=pgmsascdc&cdcVersion=9.4_3.4&docsetId=statug&docsetTarget=statu...

--
Paige Miller
R_mont
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you Paige Miller! Yes the response variables are the ones not normally distributed.

Thanks a lot for the example 🙂

R_mont
Calcite | Level 5

Sorry, I have another question, how do I back transformed the values to its original skala? I thought by using the option exp but it only works for log trnasformed variables and not for all the ones that were transformed to an specific lambda for example: link=power(-0.21)

🙂

Thanks a lot

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 2 in conversation