BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
lsandell
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi there, I am modeling an outcome with multiple covariates (GENMOD, logistic regression). However, my parameter estimates table is dropping out an entire variable from the table that is in my model. I know there are no missing observations because I have selected only complete cases in my dataset.

Hoping to understand why I'm not getting the variable 'fever' in my final output estimates table? Also, if it's not in the table, is it at least being adjusted for in the results?

Thanks.

proc genmod data = hospital;
	class	age (ref='X')
			pathogen_new (ref='X')
			diarrhea (ref='NO') 
			bloodydiarr (ref='NO') 
			fever (ref='NO') 
			specimen (ref='X')
			 / param=ref;
	model 	hospital (event='YES') = age  pathogen_new diarrhea bloodydiarr fever / dist = bin link = log;
	format age Agefull. specimen $source_cllp.;
run;

output2.pngoutput.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

The output reflects the model.  You have 

age  pathogen_new diarrhea bloodydiarr fever

as your right hand side variables, and that is what shows in your output.  Until you add "specimen" to the model, it will not appear in the output. 

I suspect that fever is confounded completely with at least one other variable (this looks like a good question for @StatDave ).

SteveDenham 

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

The output reflects the model.  You have 

age  pathogen_new diarrhea bloodydiarr fever

as your right hand side variables, and that is what shows in your output.  Until you add "specimen" to the model, it will not appear in the output. 

I suspect that fever is confounded completely with at least one other variable (this looks like a good question for @StatDave ).

SteveDenham 

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 3 in conversation