BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
tan1721
Fluorite | Level 6

I am trying to fit GEE model and using "Proc GEE" method in SAS. This method gives "GEE parameter estimate" table. But "Proc GENMOD" also gives the "GEE parameter estimate". One difference I found is GENMOD procedure has the option to provide Wald statistics, but GEE procedure does not. Also, most of the journal papers in my filed (transportation) reported Wald statistics with their parameter estimate. Now, I am confused about two things: 1) should I use GENMOD procedure or GEE procedure? 2) should I report Wald statistics or Z statistic for GEE model?. 

I have been searching in internet, but was not able to find out the answer. Help from SAS community will be highly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

The Wald and t-tests are the same thing and give the same p-value. The Wald is just the square of the 1 df t-test. So, you can use either equally.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
PaigeMiller
Diamond | Level 26

@tan1721 wrote:

I am trying to fit GEE model and using "Proc GEE" method in SAS. This method gives "GEE parameter estimate" table. But "Proc GENMOD" also gives the "GEE parameter estimate". One difference I found is GENMOD procedure has the option to provide Wald statistics, but GEE procedure does not. Also, most of the journal papers in my filed (transportation) reported Wald statistics with their parameter estimate. Now, I am confused about two things: 1) should I use GENMOD procedure or GEE procedure? 2) should I report Wald statistics or Z statistic for GEE model?. 

I have been searching in internet, but was not able to find out the answer. Help from SAS community will be highly appreciated.

If GENMOD gives what you want, that seems to be a reason to use it. Regarding whether or not you should use Wald statistics or Z statistics, that is really up to you and your particular analysis needs.

--
Paige Miller
tan1721
Fluorite | Level 6
Thank you!
StatDave
SAS Super FREQ

The Wald and t-tests are the same thing and give the same p-value. The Wald is just the square of the 1 df t-test. So, you can use either equally.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation