BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
gilsonk
Calcite | Level 5

Hi

I'm trying to use parameters derived from survival curve data using LIFEREG (ie intercept and scale) to calculate extrapolated datasets using the various distributions described in Chapter 36 (the LIFEREG procedure). 

I have managed the exponential and Weibull calculations. Code for exponential distribution is below. 

data exp;
	DO i=0 to 60 by 1; /*5year time frame by month*/
		t=i;
		s=exp((-exp(-3.9755))*t); /*generate intercept and scale using LIFEREG, input here*/
		dist=6;
		output;
	end;
run;

The formulae provided in the SAS documentation for the Gamma and Lognormal distributions (see Supported Distributions section) include symbols that I don't know how to write into the SAS code.  Is anyone able to provide the code for these 2 distributions?

I need to complete a Gompertz extrapolation also.  Is that distribution supported by SAS?  It doesn't seem to be included in the LIFEREG documentation but worth asking just in case. 

Many thanks, Kylie 

1 REPLY 1
ballardw
Super User

I think that you may want to investigate the various distribution functions such as SDF, PDF, CDF or LOG versions of those. The allow providing the distribution name and parameters to get values from the distribution.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 2 likes
  • 2 in conversation