BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
telligent
Quartz | Level 8

I wish there was a place on this board to ask questions about SAS statistical training, but there is not so I am trying here. 

In the Poisson Modeling e-course, the instructor creates these exploratory scatter plots for continuous predictors that are the log of the mean of the count outcome by the mean of the continuous predictor, but in his example there is no offset variable.  

My questions is  how would you create a similar plot if there is an offset or if you are modeling a rate.  Do you put the log of the rate on the y-axis?  

Not really expecting an answer, but doesn't hurt to try.   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
3 REPLIES 3
Ksharp
Super User

This could give you a help .

http://support.sas.com/kb/24/188.html

Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Can you link to the image that shows what you want to create? Or post a picture?

telligent
Quartz | Level 8

Unfortunately, I can't link to an e-course.  It was the first chapter of the Poisson e-course, but I took the log so I am good. 

But since I have your attention, I read your blog on effect plots.  Can I get a wider variety of effect plots in PLM than in Genmod. 

Genmod won't let me use the Moff command for Negative Binomial models.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation