BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
PMA1
Calcite | Level 5

Hi, I am analyzing the California Health Interview Survey (CHIS) 2014-2015 combined data and would like to run

PROC SURVEYLOGISTICS (take complex design into consideration) in SAS with an interaction term using LSMEANS statement.

I got this error message when running the following codes:

"ERROR: All replicates have absent response levels or non-convergence status."

Does anyone know what does the error message means, and how to fit this? Thanks!

PROC SURVEYLOGISTIC DATA = work.combined_recoded VARMETHOD=JACKKNIFE;

WEIGHT fnwgt0;

REPWEIGHT fnwgt1-fnwgt160/JKCOEFS=1;

CLASS R_SMKCUR (REF="NOT CURRENT SMOKER")

R_RaceEthnicities (REF="Whites")

R_DSTRS30 (REF="NO")

SRAGE_P1 (REF="18-25 YEARS")

AHEDC_P1 (REF="GRADE 12/H.S. DIPLOMA")

R_Sex (REF="FEMALE")/PARAM=REF;

MODEL R_SMKCUR = R_DSTRS30 R_RaceEthnicities R_Sex SRAGE_P1 AHEDC_P1 R_RaceEthnicities*R_DSTRS30/ LINK=glogit;

lsmeans R_RaceEthnicities*R_DSTRS30 /oddsratio cl diff;

RUN;

1 REPLY 1
SAS_Rob
SAS Employee

I believe that message is essentially saying that none of the replicate models converged.  I suspect you probably have some sort of separation in your model, leading to non-covergence.  Most likely the interaction is perfectly predicting the response--you could try running a Proc FREQ with 

tables R_SMKCUR*R_RaceEthnicities*R_DSTRS30;

to diagnose it, or remove the interaction from the model and see if the problem goes away.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation