BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Mistro1212
Calcite | Level 5

I'm trying to use a dataset here https://mregresion.files.wordpress.com/2012/08/agresti-introduction-to-categorical-data.pdf on page 234, Table 7.19. I've manually typed the data into SAS and the procedure desired.

I'm trying to fit a log linear model to the data that includes all two-way interactions but no three-way interactions. 

Here is my code:

title1 'ANALYSIS OF DATA ON OPINION OF TREATMENT MEASURES FOR AIDS';
title2 'Building a Log-linear Model';
data aids;
	input Gender $ InfoOpinion $ HealthOpinion $ Count @@;
	datalines;
Male   Support Support  76 Male   Support Oppose 160
Male    Oppose Support   6 Male    Oppose Oppose  25
Female Support Support 114 Female Support Oppose 181
Female  Oppose Support  11 Female  Oppose Oppose  48
;
run;
title3 "Model with all 2-way interactions but no 3-way interaction";
proc genmod data=aids;
	 class Gender InfoOpinion HealthOpinion;
	 model Count = Gender|InfoOpinion|HealthOpinion@2
	 				/ dist=Poisson link=log type3;
run;

I feel pretty confident that I did all of my coding correctly, my main issue is that my output says ERROR: Procedure GENMOD not found.

I've scoured the internet and even contacted a SAS agent about it. I think the main cause is that I am doing all of this on a university computer, and because my university uses the free University Edition proc genmod is not available.

I've also ran 

proc setinit noalias;
    run;
5 REPLIES 5
WarrenKuhfeld
Ammonite | Level 13

You are not running the university edition.  You have SAS/STAT licensed, so you should have GENMOD.  I wonder if someone deleted it?

sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12 sld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I run SAS at the same site and GENMOD works for me, so I suspect there is something wrong with your personal installation, not the site license. Do you get a similar error message if you try running a different SAS/STAT procedure?

You could spend a lot of time trying to figure it out; you probably have already. It could be time efficient to just reinstall SAS Foundation and pay attention to whether any part of the installation fails. (You could upgrade to the M4 maintenance release while you were at it.) If the problem persists, then move to Plan B. 

Good luck!

ballardw
Super User

Try

proc product_status;run;

Proc Setinit shows license information, Product_status shows what is actually installed

Mistro1212
Calcite | Level 5

I've asked my professor about this situation and he believes that the University Edition of SAS is installed on all of the computers I need to use, but that the IT department may have made a mistake in the installation, thus causing the code to fail. He is going to contact them to reinstall SAS on these computers and then it should work.

After running your code, this is what was obtained.

For Base SAS Software ...
Custom version information: 9.4_M3
Image version information: 9.04.01M3P062415
NOTE: PROCEDURE PRODUCT_STATUS used (Total process time):
real time 0.01 seconds
cpu time 0.00 seconds

StatDave
SAS Super FREQ
That suggests that only Base SAS was installed. To use PROC GENMOD, you also need to have SAS/STAT installed.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 5 in conversation