BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Prest
Fluorite | Level 6

Hello here,

I want to obtain Energy Adjusted Dietary Inflammatory Index (DII). I used Proc surveyreg to run linear regression and obtain an output data set containing predicted values and residual Dietary inflammatory index values by modelling DII as dependent variables and Total energy intake as independent variable.  To assume actual intake, I must add a constant to these residuals. This constant is the predicted DII value at mean total Energy intake according to Walter willett's paper "Adjustment for total energy intake intake in epidemiological studies".

I don"t know how to write the sas code to obtain that constant. I need your help. Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
R_mont
Calcite | Level 5

Hey! how did you solved this problem? I am in a kind of the same thing! in my case I also have a score and need to adjust for energy using the residuals method, I dont know if in the regression I should include each nutrient (cho, pro, fat) as independent variables. How did you did it? and also which constant did you used at the end?

Best!

Rebeca

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation