BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
joepic32
Calcite | Level 5

I am a beginner using SAS for stats 3. I have been trying to use this software without luck. 

I type the code 

proc glm data= homework 6;

Model y=x1 x2;

this part above does not even work

then I have to 

Estimate “L=b0+300*b1+150*b2” intercept 1 x1 300 x2 150; 

all code is given by my professor and when I try to do anything I get the error message

ERROR: the following text is a syntax error: "proc" (1,1) 

it seems that not even the first word in my line is correct even though I copy and pasted it from my professor

Please help lol I need this data to do a95% CI for mean response and new value response 

thanks!

4 REPLIES 4
joepic32
Calcite | Level 5

I feel like this is really simple but I have been trying for 4 hours with no luck if someone could help me it'd make my week

joepic32
Calcite | Level 5

Since there has been no responses, here is screenshot of what I am doing. 

Screen Shot 2020-03-25 at 7.47.51 PM.png

joepic32
Calcite | Level 5

please help me 😞

Tom
Super User Tom
Super User

The code in your first post does not match the code in your later photograph.

In the first one you have space in the middle of the dataset name, before the digit 6.

proc glm data= homework 6;

In the photograph the code is missing the semi-colon to end the PROC statement.  So instead of a PROC statement and a MODEL statement you have just a PROC statement with a MODEL option, which is invalid syntax for PROC GLM.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation