BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
GS2
Obsidian | Level 7 GS2
Obsidian | Level 7

Using SAS 9.4

I have 2 continuous variables and am reporting a p-value via a wilcoxon ranked sum test due to the non-parametric nature of my data. I need to report the direction of significance as well. What is the best method for programming this in SAS? Thank you

My code for the ranked sum test is as follows:

proc univariate data=have normal plots;
var diff_flex; *signed rank;

run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

A bit confused about the use of PROC UNIVARIATE in this context,  It doesn't appear that you have a CLASS statement, which indicates that you aren't comparing two groups using the ranked sum statistic.  That would probably mean that you are testing against a defined value, which UNIVARIATE implements with the mu0 option. If that is the case, then the sign of the statistic will indicate the direction.  Note that the p values presented are two-tailed and do not consider directionality,

SteveDenham

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
SteveDenham
Jade | Level 19

A bit confused about the use of PROC UNIVARIATE in this context,  It doesn't appear that you have a CLASS statement, which indicates that you aren't comparing two groups using the ranked sum statistic.  That would probably mean that you are testing against a defined value, which UNIVARIATE implements with the mu0 option. If that is the case, then the sign of the statistic will indicate the direction.  Note that the p values presented are two-tailed and do not consider directionality,

SteveDenham

Reeza
Super User

Are you sure you posted the correct code for your signed rank test?

That doesn't look correct to me.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation