BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
ksn999
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi all,

I am used to working in proc mixed and using the option covtest in the first line to get Z and p-values of covariance parameter estimates (because I have a random effect that I only leave in if it is significant). For one of my variables, I had to move to proc glimmix because I needed to do a median split on the data and assess it using a binary distribution model. However, I can't seem to figure out how to get the same Z and p-value outputs for the covariance parameter estimates table. Is there a way to do that? I've read the literature on covtest in glimmix, but none of the options give output on individual random effects (only all random effects as a whole). This is the sas code I am using currently:

proc glimmix data=BL_SRms ;
class condition time Subject_ID;
model il6Median_Split(event='1')=condition time condition*time / dist=binary;
random Subject_ID Condition(Subject_ID);
random condition / subject=Subject_ID*time residual;
covtest diagg;
run;

What I want is something like this:

Screen Shot 2019-02-04 at 10.18.30 .png

Right now, proc Glimmix is only giving me a table with the estimate and standard error. I want the z value and p-test too.

Other information that may or may not be relevant: I am using SAS University Edition.

1 REPLY 1
StatsMan
SAS Super FREQ

The WALD option on the COVTEST statement might do what you want.  Try

covtest / wald;

That will match the results you would see from MIXED (using COVTEST option) if your model had normal errors.  

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation