BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
daveconifer1
Fluorite | Level 6

I've used SAS macros %ProvideSurvivalMacros and %CompileSurvivalTemplates in the past to customize the plot that PROC LIFETEST generates.  Now I'm generating a Failure plot with LIFETEST, and I found that these macros have no effect.

When I looked at the macro code I realized that this is because they are modifying the survival plot template.

Is there a corresponding macro(s) that I can use to modify a failure plot template?

Just for the record, here is my LIFETEST code.

ods rtf file="&ProjDir\QC\qc doc\tlfs\QC_&prog..rtf" nogtitle nogfootnote bodytitle;

ods graphics on;

ods select failureplot;

proc lifetest data = prep plots=survival (cb=hw failure test atrisk (maxlen=13));
     where newgroup = 1;
     strata newgroup;
     time AVAL*CNSR(1);
     run;

ods graphics off;

ods rtf close;

Thanks!

...dave

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Right. They affect the survival plot and not the failure plot.  I only provided macros for the survival plot, since that seemed to be the bigger need. At the time I did this, providing templates in *any* form beyond the proc template source form was controversial, so I was limited as to what I could do. It does seem that I wrote something somewhere about the failure plot.  I will see if I can find it.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
WarrenKuhfeld
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

Right. They affect the survival plot and not the failure plot.  I only provided macros for the survival plot, since that seemed to be the bigger need. At the time I did this, providing templates in *any* form beyond the proc template source form was controversial, so I was limited as to what I could do. It does seem that I wrote something somewhere about the failure plot.  I will see if I can find it.

daveconifer1
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi Warren,

Thanks so much.  I was actually looking at your instructions overnight for modifying a failure plot.  I was just coming back here to mention that there are no SAS macros for the failure plot, only survival.

Thanks again.  You've helped me in the past with the survival plot customization, as did all you well-written documentation!

...dave

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 8 likes
  • 2 in conversation