BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
sumah
Fluorite | Level 6
Hi. I want to calculate the Cronbach's Alpha for a 3-item 5-point Likert scale. I did so but I have a question.
1- I calculated Cronbach's Alpha and it was 0.852 but one variable seemed to reduce this value so I decided to remove it. photo below: 

11111111.PNG 
2- Removing that item left me with 2 items/variables. The new Cronbach's Alpha is 0.943 .. this was already shown in the first table (first photo) but I wanted to run the code using the two items so I can create a new table just to show the difference. 
3- I ran the code and the output is shown in the photo below.
222222222.PNG
I understand that I can compute Cronbach's Alpha for two items as long as they are highly correlated and this condition is met.
My question: Is there an explanation as to why Cronbach's Alpha was not calculated and instead was shown as a missing value (second photo)?
2 REPLIES 2
Ksharp
Super User
In the second picture. there are only two variables ,when delete one of both ,you can't get Alpha (you can't calculate Alpha by only one variable).
sumah
Fluorite | Level 6

oh i completely missed that. thank you so much. 

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 like
  • 2 in conversation