BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
solfay243
Obsidian | Level 7

Hi folks,

I'm looking at the number of widgets someone will obtain regressed on the person's current office level (ordinal) and was wondering if people had code or knowledge of how to best estimate power/sample size for a quantile regression? Google hasn't been much of a help in that department so far. If there are many parameters outside of power, alpha, and number of widget estimates by group then I'd appreciate a quick overview or resources for that as well.

If this is all too much trouble then I've also considered using a log-transformed outcome as well - just makes interpretation and power calculation a tad more complicated.

1 REPLY 1
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Short answer: I don't think SAS provides a procedure for estimating power in quantile regression.

Longer answer: You need to specify a statistical test. For what test are you trying to estimate the power or sample size?

Much longer answer: You can use simulation to estimate the power of any statistical test.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation