BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
cmccor
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

I have a survival analysis that I am performing with competing risks (which I am very new at) comparing time to discontinuation of therapy as the outcome. I determined from several methods that my primary exposure, which is binary (1/0) violates the proportional hazards assumption. Since it is my primary exposure of interest, I can't stratify on it, so I figured I would go ahead and perform a piecewise survival analysis from day 0 - 60 and day 60+ as that is where the PH assumption is violated. However, since it is a competing risk analysis, when I try to input the BAYES statement to divide the time axis, I get an error statement that the BAYES statement is not available for the Fine and Gray competing-risk analysis. So I'm a little stuck on what to do since I want to make sure to include the competing risk analysis instead of removing it and treating all the censoring as the event?

The code I have is:

proc phreg data=data;
Class older_45 (ref='0') / Param=reference;
Model CENS_time*CENS_CMPRSK(0) = older_45 / RL EVENTCODE=1;
bayes piecewise=hazard (intervals=(60));
run;

Older_45 is my exposure (an individual being older at age 45 at the start of therapy, yes or no)

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 1 in conversation