BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
☑ This topic is solved. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
Mahis
Quartz | Level 8

Hello everyone,

Can zero-shot learning be implemented directly in SAS Guide? If not, are SAS Enterprise Miner or SAS Viya better for this task?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Patrick
Opal | Level 21

"When comparing SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Viya...."

You are still trying to compare apples with oranges (client with SAS version). You would of course go for the latest Viya version because that's the one with the latest functionality SAS has to offer.

If your business case is big enough to get budget for a potential upgrade and/or the purchase of additional SAS modules then I'd recommend that you get directly in contact with SAS to get their advice on the best option for you. If you don't have such a budget then may-be best is you first investigate to what SAS version, modules and clients you actually got access and go from there.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
SASKiwi
PROC Star

I think you will need to provide more details of your "zero-shot learning" use case before we can give any useful responses.

Mahis
Quartz | Level 8

for example if we want to use zero-shot learning for customer segmentation to classify customers into segments based on new products or services, without having historical data on customer interactions with these new offerings.

I want to know if this possible to do in sas guide or there are limitations?

JosvanderVelden
SAS Super FREQ
The short answer is yes. I know a PhD student who is using SAS Viya for something similar. Unfortunately details can not be shared yet. For those interested in some background see https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zero-shot_learning
Mahis
Quartz | Level 8

Is it possible to do this in SAS Enterprise Guide? I think SAS Viya offers more advanced machine learning capabilities than SAS Enterprise Guide.

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

@Mahis wrote:

Is it possible to do this in SAS Enterprise Guide? I think SAS Viya offers more advanced machine learning capabilities than SAS Enterprise Guide.

You are still confusing the client side (SAS Enterprise Guide) with the server side (SAS9.4 compute or SAS Viya with compute and cas). Models execute on the compute side.

Afaik the next release of SAS Enterprise Guide (8.4) will also allow you to connect to SAS Viya. You can already now use SAS Studio for both recent SAS9.4 and all Viya versions.

I'd recommend to use SAS Studio over SAS Enterprise Guide especially when working with Viya.

Mahis
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you for the clarification. When comparing SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Viya, I'm looking at their machine learning abilities. SAS Viya seems to offer deep learning and Python integration, while SAS Enterprise Guide relies on SAS programming and built-in ML features. So, I'm wondering if we can implement zero-shot learning with just SAS EG (or SAS Studio) or if we need external tools. Also, would this require any additional tools in the SAS 9.4 license?

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

"When comparing SAS Enterprise Guide and SAS Viya...."

You are still trying to compare apples with oranges (client with SAS version). You would of course go for the latest Viya version because that's the one with the latest functionality SAS has to offer.

If your business case is big enough to get budget for a potential upgrade and/or the purchase of additional SAS modules then I'd recommend that you get directly in contact with SAS to get their advice on the best option for you. If you don't have such a budget then may-be best is you first investigate to what SAS version, modules and clients you actually got access and go from there.

Mahis
Quartz | Level 8

Thank you all for your help @SASKiwi @JosvanderVelden @Patrick , I will try this first "investigate to what SAS version, modules and clients you actually got access and go from there".

Patrick
Opal | Level 21

SAS Enterprise Guide (EG) and SAS Enterprise Miner are clients that can run SAS code on a SAS Server. Which client is better suited for developing, managing and running your model is your choice.

SAS Viya 4 is SAS most recent version of SAS (as compared to SAS9.4) which you then access via a client (the EG version for connecting to Viya is in the making). You could also consider clients like SAS Studio (especially for Viya).

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 5 likes
  • 4 in conversation