BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sasnewbie12
Obsidian | Level 7

I am looking for binary outcome "speeding ticket" (1/0)

I have a categorical variable "bright color" which is categorized into 1, 2, 3 and 0.

I will run a chi-sq with speeding ticket*bright color 

On the other hand I make three categorical variables using the same information from bright colors 1, 2, and 3. Each bright color is made into a separate variable:

bright color 1 (1/0)

bright color 2 (1/0)

bright color 3 (1/0)

Then I will run a chi=sq with each variable such as:

bright color 1*speeding ticket

bright color 2*speeding ticket

bright color 3*speeding ticket

Will there be a correlation between running a chi-sq testing bright color as a single variable  vs. speeding ticket with categories 1, 2, 3 and on the other hand running 3 chi-sq testing bright colors as individual variables vs. speeding ticker(bright color1, bright color 2, bright color 3)??

If I find a significant association when running each color as a separate variable, should I expect to find a significant association when running all the colors as one variable with multiple categories?

Thank You

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
stat_sas
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi,

If overall chi-square between speeding ticket and bright color is not significant then chi-square at various levels would reflect the same.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
stat_sas
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi,

If overall chi-square between speeding ticket and bright color is not significant then chi-square at various levels would reflect the same.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 16. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation