BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Taliah
Obsidian | Level 7

In the output of proc autoreg, what is the difference between Regress R square and Total R square?

Which one should be used as an assesment of the goodness of fit of the model?

2 REPLIES 2
Taliah
Obsidian | Level 7

Thank you.

After reading the link you gave I still can't fingure out which is the measure to use. From the link you sent:

"The Total Rsq is a measure of how well the next value can be predicted using the structural part of the model and the past values of the residuals. "

" The transformed regression R-square statistic is a measure of the fit of the structural part of the model after transforming for the autocorrelation and is the R-square for the transformed regression."

In the specific autoregression we are using we got Total R sq=0.8, Regress R sq = 0.049. We need to know which to use for estimating the goodness of fit of our regression. I am aware of the other measures of goodness of fit; for other projects we use MAPE, but for this project we need to use and report one of the R squares, and after reading the link, I still can't tell which to use..

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation