BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
Rick_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Hi All,

Back by popular demand, I’m presenting a live “Ask the Expert” webinar on August 31st, 11 AM – Noon ET entitled 10 Tips for Simulating Data with SAS®. I’ll cover 10 tips related to generating statistical data efficiently in SAS. I’ll demonstrate how to create Monte Carlo simulation studies that are both fast and statistically valid. I’ll host a live Q&A session at the end of the webinar, so bring your questions. 

You will learn:

• How to simulate data from univariate distributions.
  • How to use the simulation to estimate the sampling distribution of a statistic.
  • Best practices to create efficient simulations and programming pitfalls to avoid.
  • How to simulate data from a regression model.

Most of the topics use Base SAS and SAS/STAT procedures, although for multivariate data, I discuss the advantages of using SAS/IML software. The 10 tips are taking from Simulating Data with SAS (Wicklin, 2013) and from hundreds of blogs posts: https://blogs.sas.com/content/tag/simulation/ 

I only present this topic every 2-3 years, so sign up now. Reserve your spot for the webinar.

Want more tips? Be sure to subscribe to the Ask the Expert board to receive follow up Q&A, slides and recordings from this and other SAS Ask the Expert webinars.

Can't join the live event? You can view this and other Ask the Expert sessions on-demand here. 

10-tips-for-simulating.jpg

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 0 replies
  • 2 likes
  • 1 in conversation