BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
GS2
Obsidian | Level 7 GS2
Obsidian | Level 7

Using SAS 9.4

I did a proc freq: to return my descriptive and pvalue statistics. When I run it, it returns:

SAS Output

Statistic DF Value ProbChi-SquareLikelihood Ratio Chi-SquareMantel-Haenszel Chi-SquarePhi CoefficientContingency CoefficientCramer's VWARNING: 100% of the cells have expected counts lessthan 5. Chi-Square may not be a valid test.

SAS Output

Statistic DF Value ProbChi-SquareLikelihood Ratio Chi-SquareMantel-Haenszel Chi-SquarePhi CoefficientContingency CoefficientCramer's VWARNING: 100% of the cells have expected counts lessthan 5. Chi-Square may not be a valid test.
336519.2845<.0001

Fisher's Exact TestTable Probability (P)
<.0001

Monte Carlo Estimate for the Exact TestPr <= P99% Lower Conf Limit99% Upper Conf Limit Number of SamplesInitial Seed

Sample Size = 190

For my confidence intervals, they are default at 95%. Does SAS automatically convert my CIs to 99% if the pvalue is less than that level? If so, is their any way to return it at the 95% CI level as the rest of my results are at the 95% CI level? Thank you

code for my proc freq:

proc freq data = RAW.PRESENTS_04SEPT2018 (where=(used_recommendation ne 'N/A'));
tables insurance_status_at_testing*hh_inc_med/list missing nocum;
title 'Insurance status at testing pvalue';
exact fisher /mc;
run;

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Reeza
Super User

You  probably didn't set it in the right place.

Try this:

proc freq data = sashelp.heart ;
tables status*chol_status/list missing nocum;
exact fisher /mc alpha=0.05;
run;

@GS2 wrote:

What if alpha=0.05 does not work I guess should have been my question. I tried to set that and it still report it as a 99% CI

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
ballardw
Super User

Default is Alpha=0.05 (95% confidence interval)

use the ALPHA= option to set the desired level on the TABLES statement. If you want a 99% interval use ALPHA=0.01.

GS2
Obsidian | Level 7 GS2
Obsidian | Level 7

What if alpha=0.05 does not work I guess should have been my question. I tried to set that and it still report it as a 99% CI

Reeza
Super User

You  probably didn't set it in the right place.

Try this:

proc freq data = sashelp.heart ;
tables status*chol_status/list missing nocum;
exact fisher /mc alpha=0.05;
run;

@GS2 wrote:

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation