BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
newbie_ari
Fluorite | Level 6

Hi,

In my study I've 3 levels, 2 treatment and 1 control effect.  I want to do propensity score matching at 3 level. Could anyone please guide me how to proceed doing PSM. Also, if there's any literature I can refer to.

Thanks a lot!

1 REPLY 1
EastwoodDC
Obsidian | Level 7

You need a multinomial model to estimate the probability of being assigned to each of the three groups. From that you create TWO propensity score variables, and use both in the matching. 

Macros for greedy or optimal mathing are available here:  http://www.mayo.edu/research/departments-divisions/department-health-sciences-research/division-biom...

Greedy matching is very easy to use, and works fine for large data sets. Optimal matching may be a better choice for smaller data sets.

Ready to join fellow brilliant minds for the SAS Hackathon?

Build your skills. Make connections. Enjoy creative freedom. Maybe change the world. Registration is now open through August 30th. Visit the SAS Hackathon homepage.

Register today!
What is ANOVA?

ANOVA, or Analysis Of Variance, is used to compare the averages or means of two or more populations to better understand how they differ. Watch this tutorial for more.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation