OpenSubmitted byplf515on01-02-202010:02 AM
SAS should write a PROC to do meta-analysis.
1. There's a shortage of good software to do this, so SAS would add to its market.
2. There are lots of articles on it, but they often contradict each other, so the expertise of the people at SAS Statistics would be valuable.
3. LOTS of people do meta-analysis.
4. There is a book on doing this in SAS but it is very dated.
5. There are some articles on doing it with PROC MIXED but they are scattered, not fully coherent, use old versions of SAS (I found good one that uses v 6). And no source that I found has a complete method. E.g. one that includes combining effects, forest plots, diagnostics and so on.