BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
deleted_user
Not applicable
How can I analyze a design where the sample is randomly divided into three groups? Each group receives one of three treatments and dependent variables are measured. Then, a second trial is conducted where each group is administered a different treatment than they received the first time, and dependent variables are measured. The same procedure is followed a third time.

I have been told that this is a repeated measures design. However, the only examples of repeated measures I can find like this involve the same treatments over time, and between subjects (group) differences are compared.

I need a SAS code to partial out the repeated measures part of the SSEs.
2 REPLIES 2
Rucstat_huadli
Fluorite | Level 6
Your mean is A Three (Sequences) by Three (Periods) Crossover Design with Repeated Measures?

The Mixed Linear Model,I think, is fitted for this design.
Rucstat_huadli
Fluorite | Level 6
PROC MIXED data = data;
CLASS subject trt period seq;
MODEL var = trt seq period / s ddfm=satther;
RANDOM subject(seq);
CONTRAST 'A vs B' trt 1 -1 0/ stdiff cl;
RUN;

sas-innovate-2024.png

Available on demand!

Missed SAS Innovate Las Vegas? Watch all the action for free! View the keynotes, general sessions and 22 breakouts on demand.

Register now!

New Learning Events in April

Join us for two new fee-based courses: Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS via Live Web Monday-Thursday, April 24-27 from 1:00 to 4:30 PM ET each day. And Administrative Healthcare Data and SAS: Hands-On Programming Workshop via Live Web on Friday, April 28 from 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM ET.

LEARN MORE

Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation