BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
SASguyCO
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all-

Not sure if this is the right place to post this as I don't see a forum for OLAP studio but my question is pretty simple, if this is the incorrect place can a moderator please move to the correct location?

When you have a cube open and you drag your dimensions over to the rows, how do you set it up so that a new dimension does not automatically become part of the drill down for the previously selected dimension?  You can do this via Cognos, but not sure how to do this in SAS OLAP.

For example I have the dimension called say "measure 1" and it has five buckets as follows.  My column is an arbitrary selection called "count"

Count

grp1

grp2

grp3

grp4

grp5

Then say I want to add a dimension called "city" with 2 cities to the current layout, but by default, SAS OLAP adds it as a drill down as such:

Count

grp1    city1

city2

grp2    city1

city2

grp3   .......

and so forth.

What I want to do is add it as a new set of rows as such in other words "stacking" the dimensions....

Count

grp1

grp2

grp3

grp4

grp5

city1

city2

How do you go about doing this in Cube studio?

4 REPLIES 4
metalray
Calcite | Level 5

Hi SASguyCO,

There is no community for SAS OLAP yet, its brilliant, I know 😕
When you say you drag dimensions, and use OLAP Cube Studio to "View the cube".
Have you tried using the OLAP Viewer in EG (open a cube in EG). It is much much
better than the OLAP Viewer in Cube Studio.

Regards,
Bob

SASguyCO
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Bob, yes I only use SAS EG to view the cubes.  It is a great tool. 

TSBruce
SAS Employee

SAS does not currently support this type of dimension stacking.

SASguyCO
Calcite | Level 5

Thanks Bruce, I have since learned this as well through talking with someone on the phone at SAS support.  It seems like it would be a great feature to add in a future update as Cognos has this ability.......

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation