BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
metalray
Calcite | Level 5
Hello,

on http://support.sas.com/documentation/cdl/en/olapug/59574/HTML/default/viewer.htm#/documentation/cdl/...
I read:

Cube Permissions
In order to use the View Cube function, a cube must have the appropriate Read and ReadMetadata permissions. Read and ReadMetadata permissions can be granted for the cube with the Authorization function that is available in the Properties dialog box. If you do not have permissions to read the cube, the View Cube function fails when you attempt to load it. The following authorization error message is displayed:

View Cube results are not available. Possible reasons are
1) an error occurred in reading the data or
2) the permissions may not allow viewingYou can select OK to close the message dialog box or Details. The Details panel displays the following message:

The set is emptyIn addition, if the Read permissions for a component of the cube (dimension, hierarchy, etc.) have been denied, those components are not available for selection in the cube dimension tree.

"a cube must have the appropriate Read and ReadMetadata permissions" ? A cube? or
is the cube user the right entity to give the permission? Why would the cube like
to read its own meta data?

I just logged in as sasadm@saspw but still got the error "set is emptyIn". Is it really a permission problem
if I use the administrator login?

Thanks for any clarification.
1 REPLY 1
AngelaHall
SAS Employee
Please refer back to the discussion on post:
http://support.sas.com/forums/thread.jspa?messageID=40932

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation