BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
danirecchia
Calcite | Level 5

Hello,

I am pretty new by web report and I want to know if the refresh bottom could actually make the sas code run again.

I made a project in EG and exported the report to web studio. I can see it there but I would like to web report run the project again and display the new values when I refresh the report (refresh bottom). When I refreshed the report now this is not happening, is it possible to have something like that?

Thanks!

Daniela

4 REPLIES 4
FredrikE
Rhodochrosite | Level 12

I don't really understand how you export the report to wrs, but one way to do this is to create a stored process from the EG-projekt and then use that sp in an information map. This imap is then usen in wrs and the sp will run everytime you refresh the report.

Check:http://support.sas.com/kb/33/146.html

hulllc
Calcite | Level 5

When you run a report from EG, it creates a static report, just an image of rows and columns.  If you are publishing a report to Information Delivery Portal, then you want to directly access the source data, and use Information Maps and Web Report studio to build the report.  That said, if it is a very complex report, you may be stuck.

So, is the data set upon which all this is based registered in the SAS metadata repository?  That would be the first necessary step.

Once the data set is registered in the repository, you can then build an information map off the data set.  This lets you create calculated columns, make joins among multiple tables, format column headings, etc.  Information maps can only be built off registered data sets.

Next, use the information map as the data source for a report in Web Report Studio.  Build the report that you want to display to your users from the information map.  Save the report.

Finally, add the report to a portlet in Information Delivery Portal as either a report portlet (where the user will be able to see the report when they open the page) or as an item in a collection portlet.

There are a lot of concepts involved here - registering a data set in the metadata repository, information map studio, etc.  However, this approach will result in a truly dynamic report directly linked to the source data set. Every change in the source data set will be reflected in the web report.

SuneelReddy
Fluorite | Level 6

Instead of doing all these once your development is completed create the stored process then call it from  WRS. So, when you tried to refresh from WRS automatically it will refresh the data in back end.

danirecchia
Calcite | Level 5

Many Thanks!!

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 4 in conversation