BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
ajuvaba
Calcite | Level 5

Hi all,

I have a question that keeps me busy for some time now.

I have created a report, where Section 1 is overall view for all groups and Section 2 shows more details for every group separately.

I would like to create a link (url) from overall view to detailed view for specific group.

Example:

Section 1: Company Names and Profits

Intel xx

Microsoft xx

Coca-Cola yyy

etc.

Section 2: Balance Sheet of every company.

I would like to have an URL that opens Section 2 for Microsoft directly. If I just clik on the TAB then always first Balance Sheet is opened.

If I use URL: ../SASWebReportStudio/gotoReportSection.do?sectionNumber=2 then it will open Section but first company

I have found that there is a possibility to say ../SASWebReportStudio/gotoReportPage.do?pagenumber=2&tocOpen=open which would go to Microsoft

Is there any way to make it happen' with one command only?

Thanks for the help.

Cheers,

Remo

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Your logged in user needs to be a member of a Web Report Studio role that has the

"Advanced Report Creation:Create Report Links" capability. Your admin can check this

using the User Manager plug-in to SAS Management Console.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

I recommend adding a prompt for Company to Section 2, and then linking that prompt to the Company data item in Section 1. This SAS note has more details: http://support.sas.com/kb/41/526.html

ajuvaba
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you for reply, it seems very simple. I have tried all possible ways to get this done but somehow I don't have the "report linking" option. It just does not appear on the menu. I tried to ask the admin but working in a very big company means that not all options are available, I guess.

could someone, who has this option, copy the address link after clicking the link. I hope that there is some javascript that does the trick. Maybe I could figure out a way around this option.

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

Your logged in user needs to be a member of a Web Report Studio role that has the

"Advanced Report Creation:Create Report Links" capability. Your admin can check this

using the User Manager plug-in to SAS Management Console.

ajuvaba
Calcite | Level 5

Thank you. It works now. At least I can link a table with other page. Unfortunately the other page needs a prompt in order to be able to open the right page.

This means that there is no possibility to have a navigation (grouping) but this is the way it is. Sometimes you have to adapt and accept that not everything can work the way you wanted...

at least I have a working report now.

dipakgopale
Calcite | Level 5

i have summary report and detail report,detail report having date prompt ,this prompt get date from summary report using report linking .

but at time of linking (summary report to detail report ) date variable not found in summary report only in cross tab object.

but its properly work in other object like bar chat,line chart etc.

so whats the problem for cross tab for report linking date prompt

dipakgopale
Calcite | Level 5

i have summary report and detail report,detail report having date prompt ,this prompt get date from summary report using report linking .

but at time of linking (summary report to detail report ) date variable not found in summary report only in cross tab object.

but its properly work in other object like bar chat,line chart etc.

so whats the problem for cross tab for report linking date prompt

sas-innovate-2024.png

Don't miss out on SAS Innovate - Register now for the FREE Livestream!

Can't make it to Vegas? No problem! Watch our general sessions LIVE or on-demand starting April 17th. Hear from SAS execs, best-selling author Adam Grant, Hot Ones host Sean Evans, top tech journalist Kara Swisher, AI expert Cassie Kozyrkov, and the mind-blowing dance crew iLuminate! Plus, get access to over 20 breakout sessions.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation