BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
JohnsonIp
Calcite | Level 5

Hi,

I am seeking advice and path to conduct migration from SAS 9.1.3 to SAS 9.21  Now we are using Portal 2.0.1 and VDE for viewing OLAP cube. Unforturnately, VDE is obsoleted in Portal 4.3 in SAS 9.2. 

1 ) Is there any component to replace VDE?

2 ) Seems WRS 4.3 is enhanced. Can we use WRS replace VDE or we should use SAS appdev studio?

3 ) If possible, we look for the API provided in SAS appdev which are equal to API provided in VDE. Is there any way we can do that?

Thanks in advance.

Johnson

3 REPLIES 3
twocanbazza
Quartz | Level 8

Hi.

I remember another thread of this nature.

SAS' response would be WRS replaces VDE. 

My opinion is that it doesn't as

the users would then have to be Authors, or have a modified role,

and  WRS is clunky when using OLAPS, compared to VDE.

Very dissapointed when I heard that this happened.

Advice review your DE's before migrating - as a WRS report is created for each bookmark, rather than having a section for a bookmark.  However, we had no issues migrating, all DE migrated as expected, so at least SAS got that bit right.

Can't comment re API and appdev.

Regards

Barry

JohnsonIp
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Barry,

Thanks for your information.

Johnson

ShaneGibson_OptimalBI
Fluorite | Level 6

You could always look at something like Futrix (www.Futrix.com)

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 3 likes
  • 3 in conversation