BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
RaulGZ
Calcite | Level 5

Hi there,

I have a client that is using SAS version 9.02 and Web Report 4.3 and is asking me about the possibility to add new users to the WEBREPORT without SAS Guide license.

They ask me this because looks like within the new SAS version this capacibility is included and webreport can be used for everyone in the company with or without license but they dont know about the version that they have.

I have been looking in this forums and also in the webreport documentation and I canno't find anything, can you help me, please?

Kind regards,

3 REPLIES 3
Kurt_Bremser
Super User

Web Report Studio is a web application that runs on the server and only needs a browser as client software. The users have to be defined in SAS metadata. Licensing is done via the CPU power (# of cores) of the server.

RyanMike
Calcite | Level 5

Hi Kurt, I'm a RaulGZ Jobmate,

First of all thanks for your quick reply,

Client is asking us that he will need to create accounts on the SAS server for each user that wants to use the Web report tool.

He only have 6 SAS licenses, so he's not sure if he can create more than 6 accounts ables to use the webreport.

the license is compilant with the number of processors.

Kurt_Bremser
Super User

You should look into your customer's license agreement. Enterprise Guide may be licensed for a given number of client PCs, but Web Report Studio does not have any client-side software, so you have no restrictions there. So look at their license for the server part, and I seriously doubt that there is a limit on the number of defined users. I know that our license doesn't have one; we're only limited by the number of cores we may legally use on the server.

How many users can use the WRS concurrently (and in a sensible way) is then mainly limited by the power of the server, and the data structure.

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation