BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
TimCampbell
Quartz | Level 8

Hi everyone,

Do you know any way that I can get hold of information around what sections or group breaks within a web report have been viewed?

I have a web report studio report with multiple sections and group breaks that is used by some of our users each morning.

The report is viewed every day but not necessarily every section and group break will be looked at.

We are going to start looking at what we can do to improve and/or streamline this report to alter what sections are really needed and if we can change some of the group breaks but we don't have any information on which parts of the report are used more or less than others.

Before I get the users to keep a tally in a spreadsheet of what they look at each morning I was wondering if there was any way of getting SAS to give me the information?

I have looked at the web report studio key actions log which can tell me which users have logged on and opened the report but can't see anything about which sections within the report have been viewed.

We are running SAS 9.4 TS1M3 with WRS version 4.4

Thanks in advance.

Tim.

1 REPLY 1
JuanS_OCS
Amethyst | Level 16

Hello @TimCampbell,

you will need to play a little bit with the Log4J Logging features at Lev1\Web\Common\SASWebreportStudio-log4j.xml, adding some new logging groups and perhaps extending the features from ERROR/WARN to INFO or even DEBUG.

I have used this previously, although for what you need, you will need to find your own answers or to contact SAS Technical Support.

Please read http://documentation.sas.com/?docsetId=logug&docsetTarget=n0alhzcadnvc8bn1a8agcbx55cm9.htm&docsetVer... , it should help.

Please be aware, some clases you will enable to be logged, or extended to INFO or DEBUG, will also extend the amount of information written in the log, which could impact on performance and the space the log will take from storage.

Hope it helps,

Kind regards,

Juan

sas-innovate-2024.png

Join us for SAS Innovate April 16-19 at the Aria in Las Vegas. Bring the team and save big with our group pricing for a limited time only.

Pre-conference courses and tutorials are filling up fast and are always a sellout. Register today to reserve your seat.

Register now!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 likes
  • 2 in conversation