BookmarkSubscribeRSS Feed
🔒 This topic is solved and locked. Need further help from the community? Please sign in and ask a new question.
sustagens
Pyrite | Level 9

I have a stored process that runs perfectly when opened in WRS through File>Open.

When I schedule the exact same stored process though, it shows a Failed status. I am stuck trying to decipher why and where it failed, when it runs fine when it is run manually in WRS. There were also no errors whatsoever during debugging in EG. 

It is impossible to determine without any link to the log in the Status, it just says Failed point blank. How can I see the SAS log from the Stored Process that the schedule ran?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

This is likely related to the server that you have selected to execute the stored process. Please see this SAS Note:

http://support.sas.com/kb/41/751.html

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
AnandVyas
Ammonite | Level 13

Hi @sustagens 

It could be due scheduling issues and not STP code. How are you scheduling STP, using SMC?

Thanks!

sustagens
Pyrite | Level 9
I just do it in Web Report Studio, I schedule the report that is the output of the STP. Within my code I also update tables stored in permanent libraries. Is the answer to my problem in SMC?
AnandVyas
Ammonite | Level 13

There are few Roles and Capabilities that are required in order to schedule reports. Please check if the ID you are using have these roles. If not, you will have to check with your site administrator to help you grant these permissions.

Thanks!

Madelyn_SAS
SAS Super FREQ

This is likely related to the server that you have selected to execute the stored process. Please see this SAS Note:

http://support.sas.com/kb/41/751.html

sustagens
Pyrite | Level 9

Thank you Madelyn_SAS, you are right - it looks like it's because I have set up the stored process to run using the Workspace server.

Upon changing it to run using the Stored Process server though, it error'ed when I ran it in EG - due to not having "appropriate authorisation" to the permanent libraries. It turns out:
"The SAS Stored Process Server is launched using the multi-user credentials account defined in the properties of the server (by default, the SAS General Servers group login account, sassrv, is used)."

So it looks like the default sassrv doesn't have access to the permanent libraries. I have asked for access to SAS Management Console so I can set up multi-user credentials and try to schedule it again. Thanks for your help.

SAS Innovate 2025: Call for Content

Are you ready for the spotlight? We're accepting content ideas for SAS Innovate 2025 to be held May 6-9 in Orlando, FL. The call is open until September 25. Read more here about why you should contribute and what is in it for you!

Submit your idea!

How to Concatenate Values

Learn how use the CAT functions in SAS to join values from multiple variables into a single value.

Find more tutorials on the SAS Users YouTube channel.

Click image to register for webinarClick image to register for webinar

Classroom Training Available!

Select SAS Training centers are offering in-person courses. View upcoming courses for:

View all other training opportunities.

Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes
  • 3 in conversation